So I just want to start off by saying 2015 has been a really intense year for me. I lost loved ones, I lost myself, and I lost friendships that were dear to me. However, I also gained a lot. All of these things I’ve learned are big and come from finally getting to a place in my life in which I was dissatisfied to the point of action and as a result I was able to grow.
Here it goes:
I am enough. It’s okay if someone doesn’t like me whether that be a boy, a classmate, or anyone. The fact that someone doesn’t see value in me does not devalue me or completely erase my value. I’m valuable regardless.
Fear holds you back from amazing life changing/growing experiences. There’s so much to see, do and learn from that you miss out on when you don’t step out even in fear.
3. It’s okay not to be okay. I don’t have to be perfect and pretend to be something I’m not. That’s exhausting. Transparency is relieving and gains you respect.
4. I am capable of doing ANYTHING I set my mind. Straight As, a blog, a new job; I can do that.
5. Appreciate and hold on to the people in your life who check in on you, who tell you the truth because they love you and don’t have ulterior motives for being your friend.
8. I love to write. I may not be amazing at it but writing is definetly a passion of mine and something I want to continue to pursue even as a hobby.
9. Not everything that people say about me is true. Just because someone thinks I’m weird or I can’t do something doesn’t mean that what they think is true will come to pass or has to be my truth.
10. Everything doesn’t have to be perfect in my life for me to be happy. So what if I’m not at the place I thought I’d be at this point in my life. I’m alive, I’m blessed and I’m determined to progress (that rhymed lol).
Well, that’s it. I hope these inspired you in any way. Let me know what you think, do any of these resonate with you? What did you learn in 2015? Love you always!