I don’t know about you guys but I go through days in which I feel like I don’t know who I am anymore. Days in which I question what the point of life even is. Recently, basically the last couple of months, I’ve experienced these feelings more often than not. I have found myself panicking and feeling depressed. To be completely honest with you guys, a lot of factors could be playing into that. The fact that I haven’t been living at home for the first time, and not to mention I have been turning away from some things that used to be central to my daily life. Although I don’t think that these decisions I’ve made are wrong, life changes can take a big toll on you. You can get so caught up in missing what use to be and not focus on the present and enjoying life to the fullest.
I sat down one day, about a month ago, in the heat of one of these self-deprecating moments and just asked myself the questions: what are things that make me feel like me? What are the things that make my world feel right? If I’m not happy with my current life I should reevaluate, focus on doing things that make me happy. I decided to grab my writing journal and list these things off.
After writing everything down, I realized that their role in my present life was minimal. I had stopped writing on this blog for a couple of weeks in March, I was barely talking to my friends, and God was a vague thought in the back of my mind. In the moment I decided that I needed to create a time and space to start doing these things again. So far it has been helpful and my mood has improved a lot. Here’s a list of some of the things that I wrote down:
- Writing; Posting to my blog and working on my stories. I want to write daily. Take some time at the end of the day or when I have down time but I this needs to happen every single day.
- Praying in the morning. Doing my devotionals. My devotionals help me think of things to pray about. I need to make this a part of my morning routine.
- Listening to worship music. I can do this during my devotional time.
- Having a girls day with my best friends. My birthday is coming up soon I should definitely plan something out.
- Traveling. Having my New York weekend with my day 1. Summer.
- Dancing. Listening to music full blast. Daily dance breaks are a must.
Sometimes when we’re going through things it’s very easy to shut ourselves in, and lock everything and everyone out. We become so wrapped up in our minds that that we forget about the things that make us happy. I do this way too often. I hope that after reading this, no matter where you are right now and what you are going through you can take some time to remember the things that make life worth living. You are amazing, you are capable, you are loved, and this world needs you. I love you guys.