When you learn to love yourself things begin to change in your life.
Like, the couple that realizes that they still love each other after understanding how their partner desires to be loved when we love ourselves right, our lives will reap positive outcomes.
Here are some things that happen when you begin a journey to self-love:
1. You no longer need validation from anyone or anything other than yourself.
This has honestly got to be the most common, yet destructive thing that happens when we don’t love ourselves. We allow our value to be quantified by someone/something else. Whether it be from a romantic or platonic relationship. When you learn to love yourself, you don’t give a flying crap about what anybody thinks about you, because you know that you are beautiful, you are talented, you are capable, all on your own.
2. You turn away/get turned off from anything that does not appreciate your value.
When you learn to love yourself, you can pick up on things that don’t consider all that you are and you want nothing to do with it.
3. Your focus shifts from trying to compete with others to empowering and cheering them on.
It’s such an ugly trait, but when we don’t love ourselves, we belittle ourselves in comparison to others or even stoop to the point of talking down others in order to make ourselves look better. When you finally become satisfied in your skin, you only want to see others satisfied in theirs. Instead of tearing our “competition” down we want to see them be successful, and we cheer them on from the sidelines.
4. Other’s approval becomes secondary to your well-being.
Even though, you love people and you especially want the best for them, you know that you can’t do your best or give your best, if you don’t say no sometimes and take the necessary measures to take care of yourself.
5. You come in contact with things for which you are passionate about.
You begin to pursue things that make you happy, even things you’ve never tried before. Opening doors for your passion to arise.
6. You gravitate towards positive people.
You realize that in order for you to maintain your balance you need to surround yourself around people that are seeking the best out of life, and that becomes your circle.
7. Positive people gravitate towards you.
You attract the kind of person you are.
8. You don’t settle for less than you deserve.
In any area of your life. Sure, you used to beg for attention, take what you could get, and let life just happen to you. But, now you can’t sit back and take that, you know what you should be receiving and you won’t take anything less.
9. You go for things that you never would have before because you actually believe in yourself.
None of that, I don’t know if I can do this, what if I suck nonsense. Now it’s more of, I can do this, I am capable, I will succeed.
10. You don’t dwell on things that don’t go right in your life, but you learn from your mistakes and move on.
You realize that there’s nothing you can do to change the past, but learn and make sure you don’t do it again. You stay focused on the things that keep you balanced.
11. You move towards becoming the person that you’ve always wanted to be.
Once you learn to love yourself, life becomes more enjoyable and you focus on loving yourself and becoming the person you’ve always wanted to be.
Overall, the journey to self-love is one that leads you to become a WHOLE person.
You are healthy all on your own. You don’t need someone else to make you better, to fix your broken pieces because you realize that you were capable of doing it all on your own.
You are an amazing, beautiful, capable person 💛