I really wish I could accurately explain how beneficial positive self-talk is to our overall well-being.
All I can say is when you decide to react to circumstances in your life by speaking positive truths, you are able to experience a shift in emotions as well as a balanced change in perspective, over time.
Here are some positive affirmations you can use in your everyday life:
1. I am beautiful, I am unique, I am special. All that I am is enough and amazing. I don’t need to be anybody else but me. (cue Gavin Degraw, OTH fans where you at?:p)
2. I have made a mistake, but I am not a mistake.
3. What I think about myself is more important than what other people think about me.
4. My art is necessary. Even if it touches just one person, and that person is me.
5. I may not be where I want to be yet, but I am on my way there. Everything I am going through is only going to make me better prepared for what is coming.
6. No matter what comes my way today I can handle it gracefully.
7. I don’t need to be in control of everything for everything to be okay.
You know what the amazing thing about this is?
You don’t have to feel like these things are true in the moment for you to speak them.
However, continue speaking these positive truths and soon enough they become reality in your life.